Who wants to spend a lot of money on commercial carpet cleaning when you can do it at home? Sounds weird! No, it’s true; you can wash your home decor-carpet on your own. No matter how these stains are caused, it can be because of food spills or any other liquid. Besides that, it can be because of mud as well. Even if the carpet has got dirty because of mud you can clean it.
There are Some DIY Methods or Tricks That Everybody Can Implement:
Dry & Vacuum Method
The first method of removing mud from the carpet is very easy and simple. You must know that wet mud stains are very difficult to remove. You cannot wash them off properly instantly. If you will try to do that you are making more trouble because they will get spread more. So what should you do in this case scenario? Well, just wait for some time and let the mud get dry. Once it gets dry your work is easier. All you need to do next is to vacuum the mud as much as you can. Half of your work is done here. It will remove the major dirty part of the mud from the carpet. But still, you will see the stain of the mud over the carpet. However, you can observe that the stains or spots are faded earlier. But we want all of them gone so we have to follow one more step.
Try Detergent Cleaning
After vacuum-cleaning, you need to go for detergent carpet cleaning in Elwood. It is as simple as cloth cleaning. You don’t need any expertise to do that. All you need a pinch of detergent, a cloth piece, and some water.
The Process After That is As Follows:
- Take a tablespoon of detergent. (You can take the quantity according to the demand; the size of the carpet)
- Add into the water. (It would be better if you will use warm water) Generally, warm water helps in a better way to remove the stains.
- Pour some amount of this liquid on the stain or the area spoiled by the mud.
- Take the piece of the cloth and blot that slowly in the affected area.
- Do this process slowly.
- You can also use a sponge instead of the clothing piece for better results.
- Keep repeating blotting until the liquid gets absorbed.
- Now you need to repeat this process until the stain gets vanished.
- Now repeat the process with the clean water.
- You can also wash the affected area of the carpet with the cold water now.
- You will see there is no mud spot on the carpet now.
- Our work is done.
- Now the next and final step is to dry the carpet.
- You must do this process; otherwise, if you will use the wet carpet, it will get dirty again.
I hope you have learned that there is no need to go for a commercial wash in this case. It’s just a normal spot that you can wash on your own.